HPSD's 2021 Production of The Nutcracker
Every fall when our students return to the studio, we begin work on The Nutcracker, one of our largest undertakings of the year. This year we are excited to present more of our full scale Nutcracker production and perform live in a theater again! To make that prospect more likely given the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to allow only dancers able to show proof of full vaccination no later than November 25th will be able to participate in the show.**
Please take a look at the letter from our Executive and Artistic Directors for further explanation about this decision. We will be in communication with interested HPSD families if we are able to proceed differently. We are also looking into ways to include our dancers who are currently ineligible for vaccination and pre-ballet dancers in our Nutcracker programming during the Fall Session.
We will continue to update participating families on the Nutcracker cast webpage and via email about how we expect our Nutcracker performances to proceed.
Despite these challenges, HPSD is looking forward to working with our dancers to share this time honored holiday favorite for all!
**As of September 23, 2021
2021 Nutcracker Auditions - September 24-25
At this time, only dancers 12+ are permitted to audition for the Nutcracker.
All participating students and adult performers must provide proof of full vaccination by November 25th.
There will be a mandatory meeting for participating families on Monday, September 27 at 6 pm via Zoom (link to be sent out via email after the auditions).
ers should attend the audition that corresponds to their class level. All interested dancers ages 12+ may also attend the audition for the hip hop and modern 'Big Battle' scene.
- Dancers enrolled in classes of multiple dance styles or dancers with split-level placement are welcome to audition with the upper-most level group for which they qualify. Dancers may audition with each group that corresponds with their enrollment should they so choose but are not required to audition with more than one group for casting consideration.
lease note if your audition time requires you to arrive 30 minutes before the audition start time to be measured for costumes. All participating dancers should be checked in and warmed up ready to dance at the start of their scheduled audition time. NO LATE ARRIVALS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please plan accordingly.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
- 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm in Studio 2: TNG Company 4 measurements + preliminary audition
- 6:15 pm - 7:15 pm in Studio 2: TNG Company 3 measurements + preliminary audition
- 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm in Studio 2: TNG Company 2 measurements + preliminary audition
- 7:45 pm - 8:45 pm in Studio 1: TNG Company 1 measurements + preliminary audition
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
3:00 pm - 6:30 pm in Studio 1
**All non-TNG dancers must arrive 30 minutes early (2:30 pm) for measurements.**
- TNG 1 & 2 Company dancers + Ballet 5/6 non-TNG dancers + Guest Male Artists
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm in Studio 4
**All non-TNG dancers must arrive 30 minutes early (4 pm) for measurements.**
- Non-Company ages 12 & Up: Ballet, Modern, and Jazz
Big Battle Audition
This audition is for any dancers aged 12+ who would like to be considered for the The Nutcracker's Big Battle scene. No Breaking or Studio Hip Hop experience necessary but must be enthusiastic about trying (and wear clean sneakers)!
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm in Studio 2
**All non-TNG dancers must arrive 30 minutes early (3:00 pm) for measurements.**
- Battle Nutcracker, Mouse Queen/King, Soldiers, and Mice