Nutcracker + Pre-Ballet Holiday Show CAST INFO PAGE
Each year, Hyde Park School of Dance proudly presents The Nutcracker. Preceding each Nutcracker performance is our adorable Pre-Ballet Holiday Show. The Nutcracker and Pre-Ballet Holiday Show are elective performance workshops. Participants rehearse and perform outside of HPSD's regularly scheduled classes, and there is a separate workshop fee associated with each.
Here you'll find cast lists, rehearsal and performance calendars, forms for cast members to accept or decline their roles, and more.
Congratulations to our 2018 cast of The Nutcracker!
Please use the resources here and review the things to know below to get started as a participant in this year's performance workshop.
RESOURCES FOR NUTCRACKER CAST MEMBERS:
2018 Nutcracker Cast List
Accept or Decline Your Role
Nutcracker Info Packet
Costume + Make-Up Requirements
Rehearsal + Performance Calendars By Role
2018 Nutcracker Student Matinee Excused Absence Request Form
Pay Your Workshop Fee Online
Simply select the workshop fee from our storefront.
You'll find it under our class listings.
Pre-Ballet Holiday Show
RESOURCES FOR PBHS PARTICIPANTS:
PBHS Cast Info Packet
Rehearsal and performance calendars, base costume details, and other important information about your dancer's participation.
Accept or Decline Your Dancer's Role
Pay Your Workshop Fee Online
Simply select the workshop fee from our storefront. You'll find it under our class listings.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT PBHS PARTICIPATION:
Pre-Ballet Holiday Show dancers will be assigned to perform a number prior to one specific performance of The Nutcracker. Performance assignments will be published along with rehearsal calendars when the cast list is announced.
- The performance workshop fee for the Pre-Ballet Holiday Show is $125/dancer, due by November 3, 2018.
This can be paid online by credit card, or in person at the HPSD administrative office by cash, check, or credit card. The office is located at 5650 S. Woodlawn Avenue, Floor 2, and is open from 3-6 pm weekdays and 8-1 pm Saturdays.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT NUTCRACKER PARTICIPATION:
- Casting decisions are final and are not open to discussion. Dancers or families who dispute casting decisions will not be allowed to participate in this performance workshops.
- Students may be cast in more than one role, may have understudy roles in addition to their regular role/s, or may be assigned a role that is double-cast. By opting in for this performance workshop, dancers are committing to come to all rehearsals, costume fittings, and performances assigned to them. Failure to do so will result from dismissal from the show.
- Students who are asked to understudy a role are expected to attend all rehearsals for their understudy role and learn all its choreography as with their own regular role/s. In the event an emergency arises and the dancer originally cast in a given role is unable to perform, their understudy may be asked to go on in their stead.
- This performance workshop is elective. If you are unhappy with your role or unable to commit to the rehearsal/performance schedule associated with it, you retain the option to decline your role. If you wish to participate, you are expected to accept your role in a timely manner.
- The performance workshop fee for our 2018 production of The Nutcracker is $275, due by October 20th, 2018. This can be paid online or in person via cash, check, or credit card, during open office hours: 3 pm - 6 pm weekdays, 8 am - 1 pm Saturdays.